Sep 1, 2014

Playing with Fire

I'm excited to share some of the images and outtakes of The Burned Food Menu for Kinfolk Vol 13 (out tomorrow) that I worked on with Kate and Diana. I think we were all slightly nervous when the shoot discussions veered into talks of "how do we not burn down someone's place." I told my assistant he would also be playing fire marshal that day.

But in all seriousness, we were lucky no one got hurt when the bananas foster coupe exploded and the flames almost went out of control. Of course, this was before we got the final shot so we ran with it, because what else can you really do in that situation. I hope you get a chance to flip through this issue because it's a good one.






(A little behind the scenes action – can I add hand-modeling to my resume now?)

13 comments :

  1. wow, the playing with fire photos are so cool! The food looks delicious<3

    www.shallwesasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots. I've linked your gorgeous photoblog on my Links for the Week :) here: http://jaranto.blogspot.it/2014/08/links-for-week_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots as always....I dont think I have ever seen you feature fire in them before but they turned out great.

    A evening in Edinburgh's Secret Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Alice- these are stunning! Such gorgeous work. Do you know who's the maker of those gorgeous grey plates in the second last image? I NEED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. You've captured these beautifully! The fire is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Alice, I don't have the words to describe how much I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures, Alice. Love the fire intensity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i kinda "lose hope" with kinfolk lately because the lack of depth in the content/ stories compared to another magazine (you know, the one named after what you usually eat for breakfast? haha). but these pics looked great and very creatively done. ok, maybe Vol 13 will be the last issue im buying. stay awesome, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! That last image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! Simply stunning even! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos! Wow!

    Joelle
    http://joellepoulos.com/

    ReplyDelete